Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

Just spoke with Jesse ...

He was pissed and disappeared cause he was under the impression that his lead spot was given to Lasedna????

I told him I had no knowledge of that. I think he was baked and read the wrong fucking list or something hahahaha

anyway, he's back on board for the lead spot so I'll be getting him the backing tracks tonight

just a little FYI for everyone

Just spoke with Jesse ...

He was pissed and disappeared cause he was under the impression that his lead spot was given to Lasedna????

I told him I had no knowledge of that. I think he was baked and read the wrong fucking list or something hahahaha

anyway, he's back on board for the lead spot so I'll be getting him the backing tracks tonight

just a little FYI for everyone

yeah I forgot to post here a couple days back and he told me he had heard that, of which I also had no knowledge, and I speak with Mateo (Lesedna) regularly, he´s hard working on heaven and hell but he never told me about doing Children of the sea, so it´s obviously just a confussion. Glad to have Jesse around, even if only in spirit haha

Here's an updated version of the rough backing tracks. It just has the extra little guitar parts in that I did. They're quiet and theres a strummed clean guitar thing in the last chorus thats fucked up because I never trimmed it back to the start but you get the idea. I've already done all of the little melody lead stuff and added a bit of my own flavor to them, see if you dig it

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Children Sea Rough Draft 2.wav

Travis is gonna try to get me some tracks on sunday and I'm gonna email Jesse to tell him to download this so he can track his lead

Los, how can I do a solo for this, if there's already a solo on there, man? :|

:err: what are you talking about? There is the whole main solo spot thats empty in there @ 3:31 - 3:41 and you also said you had an idea to do an additional solo somewhere around 1:50 or so

all I did was all the melody lines and that one bullshit little lead spot at 2:56 - 3:00

:err: what are you talking about? There is the whole main solo spot thats empty in there @ 3:31 - 3:41 and you also said you had an idea to do an additional solo somewhere around 1:50 or so

all I did was all the melody lines and that one bullshit little lead spot at 2:56 - 3:00

Derpderp, sowwy, was looking at the original solo that was on here. Gotta get the guitar worked on a little bit but I should have an interface tomorrow and could start working on it tomorrow night

Ok cool ... not too sure what you mean by "original solo" but we're all looking forward to your contribution buddy

like I said before, when I think "solo section" its those time spots I mentioned above. Everything else is just little melody leads and whatever so I didn't think I'd be stepping on your toes by doing them myself ;)

Vocal recording commences this weekend. Phlegm is manageable. If nothing else, these will be the manliest Children of the Sea vocals ever, because I'm coming off 2 weeks of being a contrabass.

Never heard of it. What kind of wine is it?

and where are you?

and why are you on here? you're on your honeymoon right? you should be doing some Inverted Seahorse type sex, not posting on here

I can do inverted seahorse hands free so no problem hahaha actually not too much of a honeymoon, the inlaws are here visiting (they came for the wedding also), and we rented a van and a gps and hit the road to Porto, beautiful city and super delicious brandy-fortified wine (that's the Vinho do Porto). I'm back home now, but inlaws are still here till friday and we're showing them around the place.

Sooooo .... the manliest vocals you do have turned out "BEYOND GAY"?:lol:

I'm desperate to hear chicken of the manly gay sea :kickass: