KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

Hey Nevvy.
please use the "edit" function to add something to your post, way easier for people to read the forum if you're not creating a new post for every sentece.
and to answer (some) of your questions....you're using an ampsetting you saw on a studio video of a production that didn't even have the 5150 on it....that setting wasn't used....
and even if it would have been used, you're using a cmpletely different cab (and gutar and fingers etc), it makes ZERO sense to just copy those...at least if you want a similar tone.
Also: that 808 belongs in front of the amp, not in the loop!
AND: you'll NEVER get an awesome tone by copying someone else's settings on your equipment....if you want an awesome tone you'll have to learn to dial in your own amp so that it sounds awesome in YOUR room with YOUR guitar, YOUR cab, YOUR playing etc

Like i said, i'm new to the forum, and it wasn't a new post for every sentence if you look carefully; i was replying to individuals (1 post per reply, not per sentence!) besides nobody has posted on it in well over a year.

I know the 5150 wasn't used on THAT production, i didn't even say what era i was focusing on :S. but they often use 5150s so just hoped those settings may have been used at some point as they are KILLER.

The cab may be different (ie. wood, dimensions) but the speakers are still V30s and MY guitar is actually one of Adam D's old ones (thats right you read that right!) so its about as similar as you can get. The settings on the video i have dialed in are awesome and sound awesome, maybe i need to purchase an attenuator to push the valves but i still believe it will be largely due to production on Protools.

My 808 IS in front of the amp, its in the effect loop of my BOSS NS2.

Anyway, thanks for your opinions.

Just read an article in the new Total Guitar Mag with Adam D talking about his side project "Times of Grace". I know its not Killswitch but I thought you guys would be interested.

Amps used on the album where his 5150 & Framus Cobra, he said that he used the PRS with the Dragon passive pickups but after the album was finshed he regretted using passive pickups and said that he should of used EMG's.

Of course the Maxon OD808 was used and also the Maxon AD9

Anyone know what tubes Adam or Joel are running in there amps? Like in the 5150 and Cobra?

Yamaha kit... evans heads, coated tom heads. That's all I got!
Ya Adam said Times of Grace record was done with his early model 5150 I believe.. im a fucking idiot and sold my 5150 to get a axe fx and now im selling my axe fx, power amp, and rack case to get another 5150 or possibly a mesa dual rec roadster!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere on a guitar messageboard about Joels Cobra having KT77's in it at some stage? I'll try dig up that link to the messageboard.

Anyone haveany info about it or that BS?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere on a guitar messageboard about Joels Cobra having KT77's in it at some stage? I'll try dig up that link to the messageboard.

Anyone haveany info about it or that BS?

I know the guy who has Joel's old Cobra. It had EL34's when he got it.

Question for Andy (or everyone if you have answer): Where did you mix TEOH album (what studio)? ITB mix or with a console? What console was used?

Thanks

Any joy digging up that link?? I've only seen KT88's used in the Nitros

Hey Nevvy.
please use the "edit" function to add something to your post, way easier for people to read the forum if you're not creating a new post for every sentence.
and to answer (some) of your questions....you're using an ampsetting you saw on a studio video of a production that didn't even have the 5150 on it....that setting wasn't used....
and even if it would have been used, you're using a cmpletely different cab (and gutar and fingers etc), it makes ZERO sense to just copy those...at least if you want a similar tone.
Also: that 808 belongs in front of the amp, not in the loop!
AND: you'll NEVER get an awesome tone by copying someone else's settings on your equipment....if you want an awesome tone you'll have to learn to dial in your own amp so that it sounds awesome in YOUR room with YOUR guitar, YOUR cab, YOUR playing etc

Just read this back again; FYI Adam and Joel both use their 808's in the loops of their NS2's

I have reamped guitars for all of TESF's releases to date. They've been a blast to work with :headbang:

Awesome! What exactly do you mean by reamping all their guitars? Does it just involve taking the unprocessed signal of the guitars and using re-amping software to try diffferent tones? Or do you use hardware? (if so, how does that work, ie. signal chain?) and are they not happy with their original tones when they record? Cheers/

NevvyC, you even quoted it!

Hey Nevvy.
please use the "edit" function to add something to your post, way easier for people to read the forum if you're not creating a new post for every sentence.

and again you create 4 posts for 4 sentences.
your contrubution is appreciated, but if you keep creating a new post for every single line I'll have to delete them!
Last warning