Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

ill do it at the weekend
giphy.webp

If people are too lazy to rate, I don't see the point in forcing the folks who did rate to wait in limbo forever. There should be a deadline.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Seems like if anyone who didn't rate wins they also should forfeit their chance to choose topic. Goes to next in line who did rate. Otherwise you get a bunch of prima donna's with popular taste who won't give anyone else's music the time of day.

Korn - Daddy (demo) – objective masterpiece, who can’t relate to this? 9/10

UGK - One Day – this song describes a racial tragedy, mostly just sucks and everything good about this is thanks to the Isley Brothers, 1/10

Violent Femmes - Death Country Song – it’s your fucking fault for pushing her you stupid piece of shit, that’s not a tragedy it’s just murder, there is some tragedy in that this mentally ill man was not aborted by progressive and humane eugenics policies probably thanks to the wishes of some fake bleeding-heart leftist, entertaining song though, 4/10

Marty Robbins - They're Hanging Me Tonight – this is like Candlemass in country form right down to the vibrato, love this, completely his fault though, not a personal tragedy, 3/10

Meiko Kaji - Atashi Umarete Fushiawase – a lot of this kind of stuff runs together for me but I enjoyed this, according to Google Translate it fits the theme, 7/10

Serge Lama - Je Suis Malade – this just seemed kind of cheesy but I never got the hype behind French accents, lyrics seem very borderline even though it makes a brief reference to a personal tragedy, 4/10

Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed – amazing voice and passion in this song, 9/10

Dark Sanctuary - D'Une Mère à Sa Fille – imagine being born a woman, 0/10

Isabel Bayrakdarian and The Minasyan Duduk Quartet - Dle Yaman – good pick, 7/10

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Way It Will Be – pretty bland and apparently this is a song about a break-up by some upper-class woman that has made a living out of peddling tragedies, 2/10

Reactions: CiG and Omni
Korn - Daddy (demo) – Korn is objectively good 9/10

UGK - One Day 10/10 so smooooth and heart wrenching

Violent Femmes - Death Country Song – great band, but I feel like this is too sardonic 7/10

Marty Robbins - They're Hanging Me Tonight – fucking yuuus yall 10/10

Meiko Kaji - Atashi Umarete Fushiawase – 5/10

Serge Lama - Je Suis Malade – 6/10

Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed – obviously a classic 8/10

Dark Sanctuary - D'Une Mère à Sa Fille – 4/10

Isabel Bayrakdarian and The Minasyan Duduk Quartet - Dle Yaman 8/10

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Way It Will Be 7/10

sorry a little too sick to elaborate much

If people are too lazy to rate, I don't see the point in forcing the folks who did rate to wait in limbo forever. There should be a deadline.

The point is to try and get everybody who submitted to rate. I wouldn't bother waiting too long for people who didn't submit to rate.

Seems like if anyone who didn't rate wins they also should forfeit their chance to choose topic. Goes to next in line who did rate. Otherwise you get a bunch of prima donna's with popular taste who won't give anyone else's music the time of day.

If you submit a song and win but you didn't rate the playlist, it seems to me that it has always meant that the victory is bumped to whoever is next in line. At least that will always be the case in the games I host.

Korn - Daddy (demo) 8 awesome minus points for being metal
UGK - One Day 6 ok
Violent Femmes - Death Country Song 6 lol this is fucked
Marty Robbins - They're Hanging Me Tonight 8 nice
Meiko Kaji - Atashi Umarete Fushiawase 8 pretty
Serge Lama - Je Suis Malade 10 mon cul fait mal
Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed 6 ok
Dark Sanctuary - D'Une Mère à Sa Fille 8 c’est triste mais un peu ennuyeuse
Isabel Bayrakdarian and The Minasyan Duduk Quartet - Dle Yaman 8 ooo techbarb being all cultural and shit eh lol
Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Way It Will Be 8 sweet

Korn - Daddy (demo)
2/10
Korn are okay; at least they were innovative in their time, but they're basically metal. If they can't make it in the main game, that's not because the music is non-metal.

UGK - One Day
7.5/10
A little laid back than what I typically look for in a classic hood jam, but it's not like it's soft-ass autotune shit.

Violent Femmes - Death Country Song
8/10
It delivers exactly as the title promised.

Marty Robbins - They're Hanging Me Tonight
7.5/10
A bit hokey, but it's still earnestly melancholic in that late 50's/early 60's kind of way.

Meiko Kaji - Atashi Umarete Fushiawase
8/10
It was so tragic when Godzilla was taken from us.

Serge Lama - Je Suis Malade
8/10

Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed
7/10

Dark Sanctuary - D'Une Mère à Sa Fille
9/10
A deep, harrowing journey into the depths of sorrow.

Isabel Bayrakdarian and The Minasyan Duduk Quartet - Dle Yaman
8.5/10
Kinda reminds me of that song sampled by Einsturzende Neubauten in the song "Armenia."

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Way It Will Be
6.5/10
This is not bad, but it's fairly nondescript.