Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

This one is hard for me because I don't really care about the artists behind the art so I have no way of knowing whether a bad event being described is a personal tragedy or more of a story or a social commentary.

Maybe he's better off not playing since it almost sounds like he'll need to read the official biographies of the musicians in order to determine if the songs are thematic enough for him. That sounds like a lot of work.

Nope, any language is fine as long I guess as people have some lyrics to put into Google Translate.

Oh and the image is from Batman: Earth One (that's an image of young Bruce Wayne with Alfred).

Last edited:
ok im going to subimt a song(if it's not too late), but the lyrics have a lot different meaning, your guys are going to have to look a little deeper than the face value of the lyrics that you read .. or you can just go ahead and give it a zero

Reactions: CiG
Okay fuck this...

Batman_Earth_One_Textless.jpg

PERSONAL TRAGEDY

Korn - Daddy (demo)
UGK - One Day
Violent Femmes - Death Country Song
Marty Robbins - They're Hanging Me Tonight
Meiko Kaji - Atashi Umarete Fushiawase
Serge Lama - Je Suis Malade
Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed
Dark Sanctuary - D'Une Mère à Sa Fille
Isabel Bayrakdarian and The Minasyan Duduk Quartet - Dle Yaman
Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Way It Will Be

Should've been a longer playlist but it's just that busy time of the year. Next playlist will be better probably.

Last edited:
Okay fuck this...

View attachment 13341

PERSONAL TRAGEDY

Korn - Daddy (demo)
UGK - One Day

Should've been a longer playlist but it's just that busy time of the year. Next playlist will be better probably.
Playlist link doesn't work

Korn - Daddy (Demo)

3/10

While this is better than the album version of this song and has some cool noisy things in it, the composition is still bland. I hate the way that Jonathan Davis sings, but I guesd that it sounds appropriate for a song about being molested as a child.

UGK - One Day

8/10

I actually really enjoyed this song. The use of actually good singing for the hooks and an overall good melodic backbone made it stand out for me. The lyrics were also pretty good despite being kinda gangsta.

4/10

I really don't like this band and I never have. This song didn't do anything to change that.

10/10

Fantastic voice. Marty Robbins always managed to capture a ton of emotion in the lyrics in a way that makes them really stand out, even though he tends to work in a simplistic framework. I remember my dad playing this on vinyl when I was younger so it gives me a major rush of nostalgia. Definitely a highlight of this playlist.

8/10

A pretty solid performance by a nice singer. It sounds like an anime introduction to me. The backing music was also quite lovely. The lyrics in the video description seem thematic enough.

6/10

I want to say that I've heard another version of this song in the past and that I preferred that one over the one on offer here. This one is still decent.

10/10

You can feel the pain and tragedy of his life in his singing. I assume that the lyrics are based on his actual life experiences growing up impoverished and living a poor and lonely existence after that. Great voice and great song.

5/10

There's no denying that the song is thematic, but I've never found Dark Sanctuary's music particularly convincing. It's kind of bog standard melancholy with female vocals.

8/10

Most of the Armenian singers that I've heard have lovely voices and this one is no exception. Having the subtitles on the video was a big help. It seems like a real tragedy and I found her performance to be very sufficient. The music was nice as well.

6/10

There are some really nice vocal harmonies in here, but I felt like this song was a bit frigid and didn't actually make me feel much of anything despite clearly fitting with the theme.

Korn - Daddy(demo) - 1/10
- i almost threw up a little listening to this, one of the worst songs i've heard in a long time.To whoever submitted this song: Kill yourself

UGK - One Day - 9/10
- one of the best songs from the legendary UGK(best duo to come out of the south). Bun B has some very solid solo work too btw.

Violent Femmes - Death Country Song - 3/10

- yawn

Marty Robbins - They're Hanging Me Tonight - 9/10

Meiko Kaji - Atashi Umarete Fushiawase - 6.5/10
- i likey

Serge Lama - Je Suis Malade - 4.5/10

Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed - 8.5/10
- very powerful

Dark Sanctuary - D'Une Mère à Sa Fille - 4/10

- 10/10
- i dont know who submitted this but clearly they have impeccable taste in music

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Way It Will Be - 8.5/10

- beautiful song

giphy.gif

Korn - Daddy (demo)

lol. Shitty demo version and it's metal. 1/10

UGK - One Day

Not a fan of this style of hip hop. 3/10

Never been a fan of these guys 4/10

Great song and an unfortunate tale well told. 9/10

This is nice but nothing amazing 6/10

Thematic as hell but boring musically 4/10

Fucking hell. This guy is pretty depressed. 9/10

Dark lite 4/10

Really good 8/10

This gets the hair standing up on the back of my neck every time. These two compliment each other in a way that only years of playing together can. 10/10