Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Pink Floyd - Time
7/10. Good ambiance. Classic tune. Yeah.

Ultravox - All Stood Still
5/10. Appreciate the retro vibe. But a little too over the top I reckon.

Low - Time Is the Diamond
5/10. Pacing is a bit of an issue here. Decent song though. Good back-up vocals.

Kult
- Komu Bije Dzwon
5/10. Quite melodic. But I'm not super excited here.

The Kinks - All Day and All of the Night
7/10. Always a good little jam.

Of Montreal - The Past Is a Grotesque Animal
5/10. There are some interesting qualities in this song. A little long and too one-dimensional though. Cool song title.

The Beatles - Yesterday
9/10. One of my favorite Beatles tunes ever. So beautiful in its simplicity.

Huey Lewis and the News - Back in Time
6/10. It's groovy. It's funky. It's alright.

Joy Division - Twenty Four Hours
8/10. Oh lord how I love Joy Division.

Uriah Heep - Traveller in Time
6/10. This was an enjoyable number but didn't blow me away or anything.

Iannis Xenakis - Metastasis
5/10. I scared. Just sayin'. Sounds right out of The Shining. Too long for what it is.

Hawkwind - We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago
7/10. I can dig this tune. Great acoustics. Haunting in its own way.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Time Warp
8/10. Fuck it, I love it. A Halloween playlist staple for me. Not that crazy about the entire film, however.

Chelsea Wolfe - The Way We Used To
5/10. I like Chelsea Wolfe. Saw her live with Wovenhand last year. Killer show. Music has an ethereal quality. Video has a Blair Witch Project quality. This track is certainly atypical for her. I prefer her harder shit. Girl gets LOUD live.

Peeping Tom - Five Seconds
6/10. Lots of interesting sounds to be found here. I can appreciate it.

truth be told most of these songs, including my pick, are garbage compared to that Pink Floyd song. This board is just strange.

Reactions: Baroque
Maybe the board is strange, maybe it is about not wanting such an obvious pick to be chosen, but maybe its just a less than stellar song.

Huh.

Reactions: Phylactery
Nah, if that were the case those same people would be downrating other popular choices. Just because Pink Floyd is uber-heralded doesn't mean everyone has to like them. There are probably only a few Pink Floyd songs that I'd give an 8 or higher to.

If some people never submit ratings and don't show any urge to, we should just call the ratings as they are and move onto the next round. 10 isn't bad.

EDIT: irt Espada

I haven't downrated any song due to it being "too obvious", I genuinely thought that Pink Floyd song was just okay.

The only things I've really liked on these non-metal playlists have been Swans, Bjork, Townes van Zandt, Coil, Uriah Heep, Frans Liszt and Joy Division. I didn't listen to the hate theme playlist, though.

Last edited:
truth be told most of these songs, including my pick, are garbage compared to that Pink Floyd song. This board is just strange.

I haven't listened to all of the songs, but I see multiple songs on here that I think are much better than the Pink Floyd song. I think it's one of their lesser compositions from the "classic" era, although I've always preferred the Syd Barrett era anyway.

most people i hang with seem to prefer the syd era, i don't care for it though. maybe i don't take enough drugs idk. but yeah there are plenty of floyd songs i'd give at least decent ratings to if not higher, assuming of course they weren't literally the single most obvious song possible for the theme. never been a big fan of that song or album anyway though.

liszt did really well tbf.

Reactions: Omni
oh quit whining you fucking child

believe it or not music exists outside of metal, prog, and classical

Wow wtf did you stick up your ass today? ladyboyfriend couldn't get hard for you?

That wasn't even a complaint, it was an honest realization. If my tastes are not in line with anyone else in this thread, then I don't belong in this thread. Only thing of value I've found here was that 1 jazz piece. It's just a statement of fact.

Also fuck you, you have an entire thread dedicated to the things you bitch about.

:lol: ok

it came off (still does) in a "god these fucking pleeebbbbbs don't even like pink floyd or my sacred classical..." way

fucking obnoxious cock

That wasn't even a complaint, it was an honest realization. If my tastes are not in line with anyone else in this thread, then I don't belong in this thread.

Okay, bye. Sorry that you didn't enjoy this thread, which I think is cooler than the metal one.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil