Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

I reread my post above and I think it may seem condescending. I actually do feel bad that you haven't been enjoying this topic too much.

question for baroque: why have you given 8+/10 8 times in two rounds to songs you don't consider 'worthy'

Those were songs I had already heard. Queen, FFIX, songs I picked, etc. The only new discovery was the jazz one which was actually awesome. It's cool. I'll just hang out in the regular themed mixtape which has been getting thrashier and introduced me to some good doom.

Pink Floyd - Time
8/10
. Video wouldnt play but I know the song.

Ultravox - All Stood Still
6/10.
Fun. Reeks of the 80s so hard.

Low - Time Is the Diamond
4/10.
Nope.

Kult - Komu Bije Dzwon
5/10.
I feel like theres lots of emotion to this song, even though I dont actually understand.

The Kinks - All Day and All of the Night
6.5/10.
Groovy old fun stuff.

Of Montreal - The Past Is a Grotesque Animal
3/10.
Vocalist annoys me. Sounds like hes talking in quick bursts.

The Beatles - Yesterday
3.5/10.
Ive never liked the beatles, my parents didnt and my grandparents didnt. guess maybe thats why.

Huey Lewis and the News - Back in Time
7/10.
My parents loved the 80s, I was born in 88 and I've always had a heavy dose of this stuff in my life. Brings me back to simpler times, so thanks for that, whoever posted this one.

Joy Division - Twenty Four Hours
6/10.
Dont really like the song but these guys were pure raw emotion and that gets points for me.

Uriah Heep - Traveller in Time
6/10.
Heavy cheese.

Iannis Xenakis - Metastasis
3/10.
Just not my thing.

Hawkwind - We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago
4/10.
Boring.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Time Warp
5.5/10.
Cheese for the cheese god.

Chelsea Wolfe - The Way We Used To
2/10.
How about NO.

Peeping Tom - Five Seconds
1/10
. This is what Korn would sound like if they werent trying to be heavy,

Wow wtf did you stick up your ass today? ladyboyfriend couldn't get hard for you?

That wasn't even a complaint, it was an honest realization. If my tastes are not in line with anyone else in this thread, then I don't belong in this thread. Only thing of value I've found here was that 1 jazz piece. It's just a statement of fact.

Also fuck you, you have an entire thread dedicated to the things you bitch about.

Isn't the point to hear shit that could possibly land you outside of your comfort zone?

Reactions: Satanstoenail
heh Deron has to keep an eagle eye on the Bloodbath forum. Bad place to post crazy shit.

It's too hard to navigate there from GMD on my phone... Haven't been there for a while.

Pink Floyd - Time 8/10
An obvious choice but this song rules. I heard pink Floyd maybe in my late teens and I totally understand the hype.

Ultravox - All Stood Still 8/10
I loved this! So catchy and upbeat. This is exactly what I like.

Low - Time is the Diamond 8/10
I really really love this as well. I love the slow pace of it like it's dragging. The vocals are good too and I enjoy the harmonizing parts. Passionate song.

Kult - Kombu bijie dzwon 7/10
I feel as though I've heard of this group before during my obsession phase with Eastern Europe. I'm not sure why I found this cute I guess hearing someone say "bing bong" in an accent sounds a little cute. Anyways, I enjoyed this. I'll have to check my computer to see if I have stuff from these guys. In pretty sure I do but I just forgot about it.

Kinks - All day and all of the night 7/10
I've always liked this song.

Of Montreal - The Past is a Grotesque Animal 5/10
I didn't like this very much. Thought it was a bit repetitive and didn't lol the vocals.

The Beatles - Yesterday 4/10
I've heard 4 Beatles songs before this one. 2 of which I liked and 2 of which I didn't like. I'm thinking this band is a hit or miss. I didn't like this track very much but I could see why others might. But this just bores me.

Huey Lewis and the News - Back in Time 8/10
This was a lot of fun.

Joy division - 24 Hours 10/10
I love this. The overall progression of this track is just beautiful.

Uriah Heep- Traveller in Time 9/10
The last two minutes really impressed me. I love music that plays with funky weird sounds.

Iannis Xenakis - Metastasis 3/10
Interesting but not enjoyable.

Hawkwind - We took the Wrong Step Years Ago 5/10
Heh it was cool but it got a little repetitive. Also there's so much country vocals/vibe I can take.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - Time Warp 10/10
I majored in theatre in college. I LOVE this song. I've done a few scenes from this before.

Chelsea Wolfe - The Way We Used To. 7/10
I like Chelsea Wolfe. I can imagine how majestic it would be to see this live. The echoing of the room adds a nice touch. I can appreciate this track however a little more than I enjoy it.

Peeping Tom - Five Seconds 3/10
I got really excited when I heard the Egyptian classic singer Oum Kathloum's beat sampled in the beginning. However, this turned into a hot mess for me. I don't know what that vocalist is going for with his "trying to sound sexy" raspy spooooky voice. Honestly a nice voice is something you either have or don't when you force it it sounds ridiculous. This was kinda corny for me.

Edit: sorry about the late response. Turns out when I did this last night I didn't actually post it though I thought I did. I did it on my phone so it saved.

Last edited:
Floyd 9
This is beautiful and I'm embarrassed that I haven't heard it before
Ultravox 8
Fuck yeah gay 80s synth
Low 8
I can imagine sitting in a bar alone drinking to this
Kult 7
After fucking a whore in a foreign land I would drink to this song
Kinks 4
Guy sounds retarded wanted to smack him
Montreal 5
Silly hippie music
Beatles 7
This is nice if only my cold heart had a girl to reminisce about to it
Huey 9
Love this song and movie
Joy 9
Moody and brooding I like it
Uriah 8
It does feel like a time traveling adventure
Iannis 7
Badass sense of suspense and dread
Hawkwind 6
More silly hippie music
Rocky 4
Who the fuck are these freaks
Chelsea 7
Pretty interesting then the novelty wore off and I just wanted to go under the bitch's dress and lick her butthole, that'll give you something to moan about you whiny slut
Peeping 8
Alternates between cool and mysterious to frenetic and headbanging