Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

they couldn't possibly downvote a song for a dead kid! or so i thought. sick fucks. did your daddys never hug you?

I actually used to like that song and learned to play it on guitar but coming out of that AiC song into it was just brutal.

That's reminded me that I recently noticed Metal-Archives have started removing a lot of deathcore and grindcore bands because they've deemed them to not be "metal enough". Anal Cunt aren't on there anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they were. They also have completely non-metal bands on there like Elend. It just seems arbitrary which bands they decide to accept.

Last edited:
I know Seth Putnam has a page, because he was in so many bands.

But I definitely agree, whoever makes the choices on that site is on a lot of LSD or something. Fucking Lord Wind are on there.

That's reminded me that I recently noticed Metal-Archives have started removing a lot of deathcore and grindcore bands because they've deemed them to not be "metal enough". Anal Cunt aren't on there anymore.

When was Anal Cunt ever on there? I doubt they were, since they are specifically cited as an example of the kind of grindcore that's not allowed on the site. Can you give me examples of deathcore bands that used to be on there but were removed? I don't actually know of any bands off the top of my head that were formerly allowed but later removed, although I can name examples of the inverse phenomenon, such as Ministry, Soulfly, and Devildriver.

I know Seth Putnam has a page, because he was in so many bands.

But I definitely agree, whoever makes the choices on that site is on a lot of LSD or something. Fucking Lord Wind are on there.

Did you know that Xzibit has a page on there, though?

Lord Wind is a side project of a fairly well-known band, though. Side projects are acceptable as per their own rules. Elend, on the other hand, is not a side project of anything; its members all used to play keyboards briefly for different metal bands over a decade ago, but that's as far as the connection goes. They say that certain neoclassical darkwave bands are allowed on the basis of being part of the "metal scene," in an admittedly arbitrary fashion. But I could say Beastmilk aka Grave Pleasures is just as much part of the metal scene.

When was Anal Cunt ever on there? I doubt they were, since they are specifically cited as an example of the kind of grindcore that's not allowed on the site. Can you give me examples of deathcore bands that used to be on there but were removed? I don't actually know of any bands off the top of my head that were formerly allowed but later removed, although I can name examples of the inverse phenomenon, such as Ministry, Soulfly, and Devildriver.

I think that Anal Cunt were on there at some point but I'm not sure now. I also think Suicide Silence used to be on there but they no longer are. Sadly I know this because they were at a show I went to as a supporting act, so I hit up the Archives before I went to the show to see what they'd released as I'd never heard of them. Still one of the worst bands I've ever heard. Doing some more research I've read that Between the Buried and Me used to be on there but I can't confirm this.

Also Nest are on there which seems quite random.

Quote from the website:
"This also means that DevilDriver and Soulfly, which started as mallcore, were (reluctantly) deemed acceptable after finally releasing some metal albums. This does not mean we'll accept Sum41 because of there one metal song "The Bitter End"." Hahaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Also, they don't consider post-debut Meshuggah to be metal. They decided on that shortly after djent became a popular thing, of course.

The website has no credibility on being a source of what is or is not metal until they add Europe.

I've found a lot of your messages there recently. Many people seemed to agree with you what's quite a new thing.

I'm glad my song won despite Husker not being very popular here. Can someone list all non metal themes we have done so far?