Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

you don't know what ex aequo means or what? I just wanted to have it written in the same line so that I didn't have to type "5.8" twice.

You could've just used an equals sign, but I guess that just wasn't good enough, you had to use some weird-ass latin word with a greater vowels:consonants ratio than my finnish surname.

You could've just used an equals sign, but I guess that just wasn't good enough, you had to use some weird-ass latin word with a greater vowels:consonants ratio than my finnish surname.

That's a pretty common phrase in my country, they often use it during winter when there are ski jumping competitions and some jumpers have equal amount of points.

Reactions: Baroque
Alright, here you go.

REMINISCENCE

Elliott Smith - Memory Lane
Ayreon - Day Ten: Memories
Michael Jackson - Remember the Time
Free - Remember
Prince - Purple Rain
Steeleye Span - All Things Are Quite Silent
Porcupine Tree - She's Moved On
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
Defiance, Ohio - Oh, Susquehannah!
Dag Nasty - Never Go Back
Johnny Shines - Sweet Home Chicago
Talking Heads - Memories Can't Wait
Scarlet Leaves - Images of Memories
Regina Spektor - The Flowers
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Where Do We Go Now But Nowhere
Larry Lurex - Goin' Back

This playlist is actually shorter than it seems. The average song length is lower than usual I estimate.

Elliott Smith - Memory Lane 6/10

Like everything else that I've heard by this guy, this is a pretty standard but enjoyable song. It's decent, but it doesn't do too much for me.

Ayreon - Day Ten: Memories 1/10

After hearing this, my perception of Ayreon as a generic prog metal rock opera has changed to a generic prog metal daytime soap opera. This is disgraceful.

Michael Jackson - Remember the Time 5/10

This is far from one of Michael Jackson's stronger tracks. I've always found it boring.

Free - Remember 6.5/10

I've never heard Free outside of "All Right Now" and this is definitely better than that song. It's solid for what it is.

Prince - Purple Rain 7.5/10

I enjoy Prince, although I think that this song is a bit overrated. I was sad to hear that he passed away. This is still quite enjoyable.

Steeleye Span - All Things Are Quite Silent 7.5/10

This was really nice. I greatly enjoyed the vocals and the mood was lovely.

Porcupine Tree - She's Moved On 3/10

Steven Wilson has made a career out of songs like this one. I can't stand it.

The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright 2/10

Picks like this make me suspect that people are trolling. This blows.

Defiance, Ohio - Oh, Susquehannah! 4/10

Is this an acoustic version of Dropkick Murphy's or something?

Dag Nasty - Never Go Back 7/10

This is pretty cool. I found the vocal performance to be pretty convincing and the guitar sound was quite cool.

Johnny Shines - Sweet Home Chicago 6/10

Soulful vocals. Choosing the live video allowed me to really appreciate his focus on the guitar as he played. Unfortunately, it's not even close to a favorite in this style.

Talking Heads - Memories Can't Wait 9/10

Talking Heads are awesome. This is one of their darker songs. This was an excellent choice.

Scarlet Leaves - Images of Memories 4/10

This is like adult contemporary music mixed with darkwave. The song is way too long for what it is.

Regina Spektor - The Flowers 5/10

I like Regina Spektor's voice, but I think her songs are pretty bland and uninteresting.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Where Do We Go Now But Nowhere 7/10

Nick Cave is a great singer, even though I prefer other work by him to the Bad Seeds. I think that this song is good.

Larry Lurex - Goin' Back 8.5/10

This was a cool choice. Members of Queen with great retro wall of sound production. I love the lyrics and emotive vocal performance.

The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright 2/10

Picks like this make me suspect that people are trolling. This blows.

lol dunno if you're trying to be funny or what but it's a classic song. maybe not their best but how can someone rate it so low is beyond me.

Yeah, I hate that song and I think that The Offspring is a terrible band. I'm not even close to the only person who does.

Reactions: CiG