Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

i don't think of it as being THAT popular, it wasn't one of their really big hits. i would've preferred something from one of their earlier albums though.

It's their most played song on Last.fm and Spotify and it has the most plays on Spotify out of any song from the 1990s. It's gotten more popular over time.

It's super popular. The Faculty soundtrack put in on the map methinks. My gripe in this game aside, it's certainly one of my favorite Offspring songs if not my favorite. But yes I will be detracting points when I rate. Fuck you should you disagree. The point of these games is to find the less exposed kickass tracks. Or else what's the point

It's super popular. The Faculty soundtrack put in on the map methinks. My gripe in this game aside, it's certainly one of my favorite Offspring songs if not my favorite. But yes I will be detracting points when I rate. Fuck you should you disagree. The point of these games is to find the less exposed kickass tracks. Or else what's the point

You would pick a Carnivore song if it was eligible. ;)

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
It's their most played song on Last.fm and Spotify and it has the most plays on Spotify out of any song from the 1990s. It's gotten more popular over time.

interesting. it used to be my favourite on AMERICANA growing up and it didn't seem that popular back then. 'come out and play' not being in the last fm top 10 is pretty weird.

I didn't rate that round because I was dying, but "Bohemian Rhapsody" is also not about death.

The other members of the band have offered a vague description of its meaning. It involves Freddie Mercury's transformation and acceptance of himself and his relationships during that time, with some nonsense added in for theatrical purposes.

Elliott Smith - Memory Lane – 7/10 – pleasant, is this a cover or something? The way the song begins seems very familiar
Ayreon - Day Ten: Memories – 3/10 – no thx, the chorus was kinda metallic in a post-reunion-Iron Maiden-filler kind of way too
Michael Jackson - Remember the Time – 7/10 - great
Free – Remember – 5/10 - ok
Prince - Purple Rain – 6/10 – I don’t love it like a lot of people do but it’s good
Steeleye Span - All Things Are Quite Silent – 8/10 – best folk-related thing posted in this game so far, this is how you do it you neofolk homos, perfect stuff for a wistful mood
Porcupine Tree - She's Moved On – 4/10 - started alright but felt try-hard once the heavier part came in, that guitar solo even more so and those fucking drum fills lmao
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright – 8/10 - “Like omg how can people like this, listen to some REAL music like Swans or Nick Cave with depth and emotion, jeez what are you guys 12 years old”
Defiance, Ohio - Oh, Susquehannah! – 5/10 - ok
Dag Nasty - Never Go Back – 8/10 – first-wave emo is some of the best stuff
Johnny Shines - Sweet Home Chicago – 5/10 – nice but this is the point where blues gets redundant for me
Talking Heads - Memories Can't Wait – 8/10 – classic stuff
Scarlet Leaves - Images of Memories – 6/10 – this is making me reminisce on the days of listening to low bitrate gothy shit and browsing the internet in the early 2000s, the song itself is pretty boring and overlong and has a shit sense of melody but whatever, it’s setting the mood well
Regina Spektor - The Flowers – 6/10 – ehhhhhhhhh I guess I liked this
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Where Do We Go Now But Nowhere – 4/10 – too mopey
Larry Lurex - Goin' Back – 7/10 - jeez I thought this was a woman singing a ballad in the early 80s, not a pre-Queen Freddie Mercury, good stuff

For writing Bohemian Rhapsody, Freddie himself claimed that he basically just jotted down total gibberish. At least to my recollection.

I think we should do either a Halloween edition of all these games, or a single Halloween mixtape game like Baroque did with Easter.