Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Baroque's idea to start the playlist (about oceans) by submitting a song about a river that eventually reaches an ocean is creative and the kind of thought I really appreciate in these games.

Once again though, anything short of blatantly obvious is struck down by the small-minded in here. They want a David Attenborough documentary of oceans set to music.

Reactions: Baroque
Baroque's idea to start the playlist (about oceans) by submitting a song about a river that eventually reaches an ocean is creative and the kind of thought I really appreciate in these games.

Once again though, anything short of blatantly obvious is struck down by the small-minded in here. They want a David Attenborough documentary of oceans set to music.

All valid points. Except that your favourite metal band proves he was wrong:

1492.jpg

Not an ocean in sight.

there's a fine line between creativity and laziness sometimes - i downrated this and i try to push for and reward creativity. now that he's explained his thinking it seems more creative to me - initially this just seemed like a strained justification. i preferred the song that won though so w/e.

Full disclosure I foresaw this entire debate before I even chose that song, and that is Why I chose it instead of something more blatantly on theme. I also planned to act like a pretentious douche about it well in advance. and specifically not choose for it to be first so that the debate could happen. I figured it would be a fun act, fit my forum character, while simultaneously encouraging creativity and outside the box thinking. I'm probably the biggest asshole that ever lived sometimes. But it also makes things a lot more interesting no?

When the last round was announced somebody said something like "I have a ton of songs about the sea but none about the ocean. This theme is narrow as fuck!" I think it's safe to say that person downrated the river song.