Worst album you ever bought thinking it was good

Angel Dust's "Enlighten the Darkness". Strong on the onset, but then it got weak quick. Listened to it twice and never picked it up again...until I sold it to CD Warehouse.

I have just listened to a couple of cd's that I bought 6 for 40 Kroner (approx. $5.38):
Grave "...And here I die...satisfied"
Uncanny "Splenium for nyktophobia" (produced by and featuring Dan Swanö actually)
Both uninteresting monotonous death crap. For a death metal fan they might be great, but for a non-death fan like me they were just *pop in* *fast forward* *eject*
If anybody is interested in them we can work something out...

iron maiden- number of the beast (i like hallowed be thy name)
weird al yanks-on-dick - anything by him
sadly....
Limp shitkiss and blink 182- those crapy albums

Benighted Leams - "Astral Tenebrion"

was so bad it wasn't even funny. I bought it thinking it would be another one of those warped one-guy-in-his-bedroom black metal projects, it is that, but it just sucked so bad.

I was in the CD store about a week or two ago, and I saw Gorelord's "Force Fed Human Flesh."

On the cover, it said "WARNING: This recording may be too disturbing for anyone under 18 due to it's brutality" etc.

They sounded like a fucking BRUTAL band, so I bought the album.

I put it in, and the first 10 seconds of the first song ruled, then it turned into...shit. I was really disappointed.

I guess Gorelord is listenable, but it's nowhere near what they advertised...

Originally posted by frigidpony

was so bad it wasn't even funny. I bought it thinking it would be another one of those warped one-guy-in-his-bedroom black metal projects, it is that, but it just sucked so bad.
Benighted Leams IS funny :) but it might be another album we've been playing at parties and laughed our asses off at, I heard this dude made this vocalist come from Finland to England to do his thing, makes it even funnier :) :) :)

Not to assault anyones taste or lack of...but being into metal and dissappointed in Number of the Beast?!?! -attempts to fathom...brain haemmorhages- this is definitely one of the top 3 all time greatest metal albums.. :)

"Immortal-Sons of Northern Darkness-My friends write better riffs than Abbath. One of the most boring CDs i have ever heard. "

Listen a little harder..Saying your friend writes better riffs than Abbath is an absurd staement..You have to be some sort of idiot..

Enslaved-Monumension(Their older material is excellent, complete downfall with this one)
Novembers Doom-Of sculptered ivy....(boring)
Ancient Rites-The Diabolic Serenades(listened to the first few songs then sold it)
Dimmu Borgir-PEM(...bah)
The haunted-The haunted made me do it(Stick with ATG)
Katatonia-Last fair deal gone down(What is this crap?)

When Paradise Lost released "Icon," I saw it in a music store under the band Icon. Although it looked a little goth, the dude in the store told me it was the new Icon album. I know they're a gay puss metal band from the 80s...but "Night Of The Crime" is such a guilty pleasure.

Anyway...got out the store, popped it in the CD player to drive home...what a rude fucking awakening.

All of the EYEHATEGOD albums! haha God they're a great band! I wish I was this incoherent, drunk, and high all the time too!!

Originally posted by Froz
Immolation - Failure for gods

This one is a failure

Are you fucking kidding me? That album is great. Shut the fuck up and listen until you realize that!! You fail!!

Originally posted by Under A Dying Sun
Well I looked through my CDs and I have blindly bought some bad CDs.

Coal Chamber - Dark Days
My friend told me Coal Chamber were one of the best bands ever and I'd never heard them so I just grabbed this. Man it's bad.

Meshuggah - Nothing
It's what the title says. Nothing.

Same here with Meshuggah. What crap. It pissed me off so much, it wasnt just bad, it really pissed me off.

And Dark Days sucked too. I liked CC's first two albums but DD was just bad.

Originally posted by frigidpony

i got calignous romantic myth by the benighted leams
it was totally laughable most of it was made up of 5 minute long solos were the guitarist seemed to play the notes at random these solos were puncutated by blasts of speed where the dummer tried and failed to do a blastbeat. the singer was even worse all he could do was warble in a nasal drone, why the hell they flew him in from finland i dont know. the whole thing was underpinned by a the bad decision to use true metal production this only comes off if you have both ability and pure raw power. benighted leams have neither.

other bad cds ive bought are

entroducing-DJ Shadow
its the Nile of dance music full of techincal ability and fancy tricks but no fucking tune just some guy masttrabuating over his turntables

in the middle of nowhere-orbital
i got this because of Orbitals reputation got it home and found its a load of shit. if your going to sample tool and crass you may as well convey the power and meance of those bands not turn the track into a vaguely happy mondayish piece of shit with phased guitars every 45 minutes

ideas above our station-hundred reasons
the first 3 eps were great alt rock but good but this album was watered down commerical roughage

worship and tribute-glassjaw
i usually stay well and clear from emo and this album taught me to continue this pratice. i heard the song radio cambodia and it was fucking great got the album home and apart from radio cambodia the whole thing was just one long indistigusihable dirge. imagine Jimmy Eat World trying to play the same monster magnet song over and over again but trying to make it poppier with fred durst on vocals trying to trick us into thinking hes Frank Black and youve imagined Glassjaw