Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk To Fuck – it’s good, this was my intro to Dead Kennedys iirc and I like it more now than I did then, nice twang and all, 6.5/10

The Pogues - A Pair of Brown Eyes – eh, 4/10

Kult - Wódka (Vodka) – is this dub? I don’t really appreciate the intricacies of various reggae derivatives, but in any case it didn’t seem interesting before the vocals came in, once it got all Polski I almost chuckled, though I liked the crazy instrumental section, 5/10

Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine – good song but not one of my favorites of his, I’m finally starting to gravitate towards his dad tbh, 6/10

Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - The Bottle – 10/10

Slim Dusty - My Pal Alcohol – ok, fun, 5/10

Tom Waits - Jockey Full of Bourbon – kitsch but I didn’t realize this was Tom Waits on the basis of his voice, which is obviously a good thing, 4/10

Sachiko Kobayashi - Omoi de sake – only listened to the first version, pleasant, 6/10

Gogol Bordello – Alcohol – yeah this playlist just isn’t for me, half these songs could have been on Sesame Street with different lyrics, 4/10

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCZgoc5nuQfjEMwWjV7yQk72QNRF9_qL5&disable_polymer=true

Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk To Fuck - 7 not as bad as most punk
The Pogues - A Pair of Brown Eyes - 6 sounds drunk i suppose
Kult - Wódka (Vodka) - 5 a yelling polish guy wow
Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine - 9 i wanna have gay sex with his voice
Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - The Bottle - 8 there's something i like about disco
Slim Dusty - My Pal Alcohol - 7 yeehaw pardner giddyup
Tom Waits - Jockey Full of Bourbon - 6.5 wtf is this guy mumbling
Sachiko Kobayashi - Omoi de sake - 10 the gorgeous deep sad sincerity of her voice made me cry like a bitch holy fuck better than babymetal
Gogol Bordello - Alcohol - 6

Alright, I'm not waiting for any more.

The winner is @Vegard Pompey

Sachiko Kobayashi - Omoi de sake @Vegard Pompey 8.7
Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - The Bottle @HamburgerBoy 7.8
Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine @arg 7.5
Slim Dusty - my pals Alcohol @CASSETTEISGOD 6.7
Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk To Fuck @Satanstoenail ex aequo The Pogues - A Pair of Brown Eyes @no country for old wainds 6.6
Gogol Bordello - Alcohol @Carpe Mortem 5.8
Tom Waits - Jockey Full of Bourbon @agathodaimonas 5.6
Kult - Wódka (Vodka) @EspaDa 4.8

Oh what do you know, I won. Before I go ahead and announce the next theme I would like to do an interest check and see if people still care about this game.

If you would submit a song and actually rate within the first two weeks of the playlist being posted, please say so

Also
want to get back into this @Omni ?

Reactions: Omni
i'll rate within the first two weeks if i submit, and i'll submit if i have something perfect for the theme. i tend to be more active in this game than the metal one.

there's only been four rounds since then. i was the host of one, didn't submit in another, was discouraged about the halloween one when i realised i'd duplicated an earlier entry, and alcohol is a shitty theme. so nyer!

Reactions: Omni