Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

There are no shitty themes, only lazy interpretations and limited taste to accommodate the theme. :D

I don't agree at all, I think themes are uninteresting for instance if they are too restrictive (like most holiday-related themes) or so abstract they don't produce a cohesive playlist (musical irony etc.)

take this post except add non- before metal

I don't like metal's representations of the alcohol theme because most alcohol-themed metal I've heard is upbeat and festive, with a few exceptions like Saint Vitus and While Heaven Wept. Non-metal takes on the theme seem more interesting. As a theme it seems very universal and broad to me. That said I didn't like the playlist very much, but I blame that on the participants. That Kult song was so fucking bad, thanks EspaDa for submitting that stinker and then not even rating.

EDIT: Since this post starts a new page, let me reiterate that the new theme is LONELINESS.

I think your complaint about holiday themes is probably just as likely a product of your own limited interpretation of those themes. But also, which has happened to the Halloween and Musical Irony themes, I think they flopped mostly due to a sapped enthusiasm for these games in general.

The current metal theme's playlist is fantastic for example, yet it's quite dead regardless.

That Kult song was so fucking bad, thanks EspaDa for submitting that stinker and then not even rating.

:rofl:

The new metal mixtape playlist is amazing and I feel bad for not rating it already, but I've been preoccupied with schoolwork, the Voivod discog poll and the 1998 poll.

tbh I'm getting overwhelmed with all these forum games and I'm kinda hoping the next year we do is one I'm uninterested in so I can take a hiatus (inb4 it's 1989 or something)

i was gonna submit this but decided against it cuz it’s an unfair instant-win

Last edited:
I don't agree at all, I think themes are uninteresting for instance if they are too restrictive (like most holiday-related themes) or so abstract they don't produce a cohesive playlist (musical irony etc.)

I don't like metal's representations of the alcohol theme because most alcohol-themed metal I've heard is upbeat and festive, with a few exceptions like Saint Vitus and While Heaven Wept. Non-metal takes on the theme seem more interesting. As a theme it seems very universal and broad to me. That said I didn't like the playlist very much, but I blame that on the participants. That Kult song was so fucking bad, thanks EspaDa for submitting that stinker and then not even rating.

EDIT: Since this post starts a new page, let me reiterate that the new theme is LONELINESS.

That song is great you grumpy! I only forgive you because you're Swedish.

LONELINESS

Hank Williams - Alone and Forsaken
Creation of Sunlight - Light Without Heat
Ricky Martin - Nobody Wants to be Lonely
Devics - Forget Tomorrow
Sayuri Ishikawa - Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyugeshiki
Velvet Underground - After Hours
The Cure - The Drowning Man
God - My Pal
Sandy Denny - Fotheringay