Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

If it is a monolithic failure we'll still have the original so it's a risk worth taking I think. By this point FFVII has already been milked to death anyway, so either way it's legacy is somewhat tarnished.

Well, that's how I rationalise it.

Queen - Death on Two Legs
I'm not a huge Queen fan but this was pretty great and seems to be prophetically aimed at Donald Trump. Ah, just checked and it was aimed at their former manager. Definitely the most angry I've heard Freddie sound. 8/10

Shellac - Prayer to God

I also don't have this Shellac album but this song is incredible. Albini knows how to spit vitriol. I got hairs standing up on the back of my neck and that's always a good thing. 10/10

Puddle of Mud - She Fucking Hates Me

Horrible. I thought someone might pick Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You to troll and was relieved when it wasn't on the list but this is just as bad. 2/10

Final Fantasy IX - Kuja's Theme

I never played the game and the music didn't convey any message of hatred whatsoever. 3/10

Dicks - Hate The Police

I've only heard the Mudhoney version of this. Great song. 8/10

GG Allin - You Hate Me and I Hate You

I've done a fair bit of reading about this guy but haven't really checked out much of his music. Not bad, but I much prefer the previous song for old punk stuff. 6/10

The Birthday Party - Sonny's Burning

I have a hard time liking anything involving Nick Cave because he's such a pretentious hipster wanker. People rave about The Birthday Party but I've always been put off by the NC factor. This was ok. 5/10

Anathema - Empty

I didn't like this at all. Sounded forced and cheesy. Not my thing at all. 3/10

Modest Mouse - Doin' the Cockroach

My wife likes this band and she played me one of their albums and I hated it. This is better than what she played me but it just reeks of young hipster. 4/10

Brainbombs - Die You Fuck

Completely mental. I'd love to see this live. Will be checking out more of these guys for sure. 8.5/10

Richard Cheese - People Equals Shit

I don't wanna hear comedy in the hatred theme playlist. I'm not a Richard Cheese fan anyway. 3/10

Brotha Lynch Hung feat. Tech N9ne and Hopsin - Stabbed

Pretty overblown tough guy hip hop, which I'm not necessarily against, bit this didn't do much of anything for me for some reason. 5/10

Those Poor Bastards - Chemical Church

Fuck is this 1/10

Star Wars: The Imperial March

I loved Star Wars as a kid. This is a fantastic movie score, but it doesn't really scream hatred to me. 5/10

The Grey Wolves - Pure Hatred

This definitely screams hatred to me. 7/10

Problem I'm seeing with this Hatred theme is that people are very narrow with how they perceive hatred, whereas the same people were much more likely to have nuance with how they perceived Love.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
the reasons for my choices in both cases were that they were all-time favourite songs, i didn't really take questions of subtlety/creativity into account. i may try to next time though.

Queen - Death on Two Legs 8/10

Shellac - Prayer to God 9//10

Puddle of Mud - She Fucking Hates Me3/10

Final Fantasy IX - Kuja's Theme 2/10

Dicks - Hate The Police 7/10

GG Allin - You Hate Me and I Hate You 9/10

The Birthday Party - Sonny's Burning 9/10

Anathema - Empty 2/10

Modest Mouse - Doin' the Cockroach 8/10

Brainbombs - Die You Fuck 10/10

Richard Cheese - People Equals Shit 6/10

Brotha Lynch Hung feat. Tech N9ne and Hopsin - Stabbed 4/10

Those Poor Bastards
- Chemical Church 3/10

Star Wars: The Imperial March 1/10

The Grey Wolves - Pure Hatred 5/10

Great compilation here! I haven't heard Brainbombs before and loved them.

Whoever posted the Imperial March has earned a @Carpe Mortem duckbomb. At least my Savage Garden rec revealed that Mort and CIG share a childhood affinity of puke-worthy sentimentality.

The discovering part was painful and involved a lot of trial-and-error. The actually-enjoying-it part is nice but I'd give up my sexuality for the optimism and creativity of childhood any day.

The creativity of childhood? You do realize that pretty much all music, movies, and other works of art are created by adults, right?

Queen - Death on Two Legs - 7
pretty enjoyable

Shellac - Prayer to God - 8
love those lyrics

Puddle of Mud - She Fucking Hates Me - 6
kind of catchy yet irritating at the same time

Final Fantasy IX - Kuja's Theme - 7
ff9 is my second favorite after ff7. even beat ozma the secret boss. kuja was the effeminate main villain in a thong. while this is a very nice instrumental it does not exude hate at all

Dicks - Hate The Police - 4
run of the mill punk that sounds really fuzzy

GG Allin - You Hate Me and I Hate You - 6
wow so rebellious

The Birthday Party - Sonny's Burning - 4
annoying

Anathema - Empty - 9
how is this here it's almost metal? that said it's fucking great

Modest Mouse - Doin' the Cockroach - 5
this is ok i guess

Brainbombs - Die You Fuck - 6
the hate is there alright

Richard Cheese - People Equals Shit - 9
hahaha this is awesome

Brotha Lynch Hung feat. Tech N9ne and Hopsin - Stabbed - 5
i'm not sure how to feel about this

Those Poor Bastards - Chemical Church - 4
weird

Star Wars: The Imperial March - 7
this is not hate. it's fucking majestic. crush the rebel scum and bring peace and order to the galaxy! not hate at all

The Grey Wolves - Pure Hatred - 1
the fuck