Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
Definitely not one of the songs that made him King. More like one of those songs supposed to arouse in girls in the crowd/club that bad girl/bad ass feeling after they've had a couple mai tais. 2/10

Elliot Smith - Say Yes

One of my favorite singles from him. Also the first song I learned to sing and play at the same time (excluding death metal) and still one of my favorites to jam on. 9/10

Coven - Wicked Woman

If not Omni's pick, in any case applicable. Good stuff. 8/10

The Dudley Moore Trio - Song For Suzy
Solid sounding jam, though I'd prefer it without the skat. 6/10

Tori Amos - Blood Roses

It's got the melodrama of Nina Hagen, except it's not good. I'm calling auggie on this one. 2/10

Pink Guy - She's So Nice
Smooth transitions. 5/10

Yapoos ロリータ108号

Eh, never thought I'd say this, but K-Pop I would rather have listened to K-Pop. 2/10

Swans - I Remember Who You Are
Solid listening. 8/10

Elliot Smith - Say Yes

This is nice, I like Elliot Smith but have never really been able to fully get into his stuff for some reason. This starts out a bit too sweet but I dug it in the end. 8/10

Check out From a Basement on the Hill. It's hands down my favorite album by him, and I really like all of his other albums. I seriously had the thing in my car's CD player for two months straight once and never got sick of it. Musically it's super diverse and incorporates more electric guitar than anything he had done since he went solo. It's also disturbingly melancholy at times, but never in a way that's over the top, immature, or unrelateable.

7/10
I never expected Michael Jackson to appear on a playlist about girls. Ironically, the original Diana of Roman mythology was a virgin goddess

Elliot Smith - Say Yes

5/10
Tepid sensitive guy songwriter crap, but it had some redeeming points towards the end.

Coven - Wicked Woman
8.5/10
Not as good as "Black Sabbath" but still a great song.

6.5/10
Not much to sway me either way, but those vocals were goofy. At least it was short, so that's a plus.

Tori Amos - Blood Roses
8/10
A rather fine work of harpsichord-driven balladry.

Pink Guy - She's So Nice
6/10
It's pretty silly but not terrible.

Yapoos ロリータ108号
4.5/10
Too kawaii desu. But at least it's not abhorrent from a melodic standpoint, which I totally expected.

9/10
I haven't actually checked out the album this appears on, but this song is trenchantly haunting even if its mellower than usual Swans fare.

These ratings don't take that long guys. It's not like you have to give it your full attention span and write some complex analysis. Also, I don't want to win, so I need some of you misanthropes to down-rate my shit.

Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana 3/10
Not the biggest fan of Jackson as it is... but not even one of his good songs.

Elliot Smith - Say Yes 3/10

Not a fan of singer-songwriter "one man and an acoustic guitar" stuff generally.

Coven - Wicked Woman 6/10

Not bad.

The Dudley Moore Trio - Song For Suzy 7/10

Corny but the musicianship is great.

Tori Amos - Blood Roses 3/10

Melodramatic bullshit tbh.

Pink Guy - She's So Nice 9/10

Ayyyyyy.

Yapoos ロリータ108号 1/10

More like Yapoop.

Swans - I Remember Who You Are 8/10
Digging this.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana – the verse melody bothers me for some reason and I’m not a fan of when Michael Jackson pretends to be raunchy, 4/10

Elliot Smith - Say Yes – mopey white boy shit, why does everyone shit on Weezer when all of them are like this? I hope she really did stab this cunt in the chest, that'd serve him right, 2/10

Coven - Wicked Woman – great passion and a solid melody dragged down by an incompetent rhythm section, 5/10

The Dudley Moore Trio - Song For Suzy – it’s no Hocus Pocus and kind of generic outside of the singer, but still pleasant, 6/10

Tori Amos - Blood Roses – expected and wanted to hate it but I enjoyed this, Warcraft 2 goth or some shit, 7/10

Pink Guy - She's So Nice – it’d be less retarded if it wasn’t ironic, 0/10

Yapoos ロリータ108号 – objectively amazing, adorable and bittersweet, 9/10

Swans - I Remember Who You Are – oh god it’s from the flower cover album, Jarboe’s voice is repulsive, I’m getting sick of even classic Swans but the repetition here is intolerable, obligatory Nat Geo bridge was amusing, 1/10

Men and/or homosexuality next pls, it will definitely be better than this playlist

3/10

Not a very good MJ song.

Elliot Smith - Say Yes

5/10

Inoffensive.

Coven - Wicked Woman

7.5/10

Cool.

The Dudley Moore Trio - Song for Suzy

7/10

This was interesting.

Tori Amos - Blood Roses

4/10

Melodramatic.

Pink Guy - She's So Nice

4/10

Ridiculous.

Yapoos ロリータ108号

2/10

I wonder who submitted this.

8/10

Redemption.

Reactions: Sirjack
This is pretty solid. 6/10.

Elliot Smith - Say Yes

Mellow vibes. Beatles-esque. 7/10.

Coven - Wicked Woman

I love this album but this is not the best song on it. 6/10.

I'm not a fan of this weird ass funk or whatever it is. 3/10.

Tori Amos - Blood Roses

This is a masterpiece. 10/10.

Pink Guy - She's So Nice
Ummm shuuure. 4/10.

Yapoos ロリータ108号

Some J-pop bullshit right here. 3/10.

Usually like Swans... 4/10.

Reactions: Sirjack