Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

One of the songs that was submitted is soooo gay. This is fun.

Definitely not my song, lol. Love songs tend to me lame and sentimental, and sometimes pandering to pop-loving females because guys will listen to anything if it means they can get laid.

Im also interested in seeing what people here listen to other than metal. This should be interesting.

I think it overall has a lot of potential. I honestly think this will teach us a lot about each other. Maybe more than the metal mixtape game.

Mine's probably the gay one, I did opt for something reasonably sentimental and emotional since I'm sure nobody else will.

I'm sure there will be plenty of emotional songs, just not much in the way of twee, insipid shit.

I'd like to see this theme done for metal as well, at some point down the line. Also, it would be pretty interesting doing "gore" as a subject for this one, much more so than for the metal one.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I will probably sit this one out, have alot of shit at work atm and probably wont have any time to review the playlist, but I like the initiative and will participate in future rounds!

Reactions: Omni
Okay, a lot of people submitted sings while I was asleep. I think there's 18 songs now. Most of the songs aren't too long, so I'm going to let them all in this time. I hope there's a video for each of them.

@no country for old wainds

I will PM you. Anyone who requested a specific video will also have that sent along too.

Reactions: CiG
here it is! spot the gay one out:

Bjork - Bachelorette
Frans Liszt - Liebestraum (Love Dream) No. 3
Robin Trower - In This Place
Yes - I See You
Sera Cahoone - Baker Lake
Swans - Miracle of Love*
Buena Vista Social Club - Chan Chan
Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother the Mountain
Punishment of Luxury - Obsession
Lee Moses - Bad Girl
Coil - Tattooed Man
R.L. Burnside - Someday Baby
Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
Lisa Ekdahl - Love for Sale
Leonard Cohen - Dance Me to the End of Love
Seal - Kiss from a Rose
Blue Cheer - The Hunter
Despondent Visions - To My Love

*no versions of the swans song requested are available in my country except in this shortened version. it's available to me on spotify so no big deal from my perspective, but leaving the link here for anyone who encounters the same problem.

Last edited: