6.5/10

TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me
5.5/10

Roky Erickson - Night Of The Vampire
8.5/10
Dat outro lead.

Garmarna - Varulven/The Werewolf
8/10
Not the best track off the album, but still solid. Whoever submitted this probably should've gone with "Herr Mannelig" instead.

Dvorák - The Water Goblin
7/10
I'm sure I would appreciate it more when I'm in the right mood. I like it well enough, but I'm not necessarily up for such a long piece taking up such a large portion of this playlist.

Hola Ghost - Chupacabra
7/10

Wishbone Ash - Persephone
4.5/10
A decent song and all, but while Persephone my be mythical, she is not a beast.

Bert Jansch - Reynardine
4/10
This strain of folk doesn't do much of anything for me.

The Deadfly Ensemble - Polymelia And The Satyr
8.5/10
While I don't like them as much as the related band Cinema Strange, this is a standout track.

Shub-Niggurath - J'ai Vu Naguère En Peinture Les Harpies Ravissant Le Repas De Phynée
8/10

Amebix - Fear Of God
2/10
This is classic crust, but as was already said, this is not really even about God as an entity. It's clearly a rant against religion. I'm more curious than anything as to why somebody felt that this song was a good fit.

Pagan Altar - The Erl King
7/10

Also not in the game. I'll rate after I rate the one I'm actually in though if you really want me to.

Pokémon Theme Song 7/10
I was laughing throughout this entire thing. Such nostalgia and a nice interpretation of the theme.

TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me 6/10
I don't like music of this style at all, having said that, this was far less annoying than other similar stuff I've heard. The slower part at around 2 minutes was the highlight for me.

Roky Erickson - Night Of The Vampire 8/10

This is great.

Garmarna - Varulven/The Werewolf 6/10
I kinda enjoyed this one.

Dvořák - The Water Goblin 6/10

Parts of this were massive and enjoyable, but it's fucking 21 minutes long.

Hola Ghost - Chupacabra 4/10

Superficially enjoyable at points, but ultimately pretty bad.

Wishbone Ash - Persephone 4.5/10
This is really great, but it's not on the theme or else it'd probably be the best thing here.

Bert Jansch - Reynardine 7.5/10
Great folk tune.

The Deadfly Ensemble - Polymelia And The Satyr 8/10
This was really unsettling and weird, but I really enjoyed it.

Shub-Niggurath - J'ai Vu Naguère En Peinture Les Harpies Ravissant Le Repas De Phynée 7.5/10
Jesus, this was fucking weird.

Amebix - Fear Of God 3/10
Not on theme.

Pagan Altar - The Erl King 8/10
Pagan Altar rules.

Lots of interesting stuff here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Pokémon Theme Song - 8/10

TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me - 5/10

Roky Erickson - Night Of The Vampire - 7/10

Garmarna - Varulven/The Werewolf - 1/10

Dvořák - The Water Goblin - 7/10

Hola Ghost - Chupacabra - 6/10

Wishbone Ash - Persephone - 9/10

Bert Jansch - Reynardine - 5/10

The Deadfly Ensemble - Polymelia And The Satyr - 3/10

Shub-Niggurath - J'ai Vu Naguère En Peinture Les Harpies Ravissant Le Repas De Phynée - 10/10

Amebix - Fear Of God - 5/10

Pagan Altar - The Erl King - 2/10

Reactions: Phylactery
I didn't submit a song but thought I'd rate to keep this moving a long. I need to get back in on this one, I've missed the past few rounds.

Pokemon Theme Song - 6/10
This is a creative one, but I'm a bit of a grump. There's something in the singer's voice that reminds me of Michael Jackson. The tone? Idk.

TV on the Radio - Wolf like Me {unavailable will get back to this} 3/10
Found it. I don't like this.

Roky Erickson - Night of the Vampire 8.5/10
I love this song. It's so easy going. Drinking music for sure.

Varulven - The Werewolf 6/10
Not bad but it didn't do much for me.

Dvorak - The Water Goblin 5/10
I was most excited hearing this one. I liked the title a lot. This is pretty. I sorta just have it on as background music while I browse the forum. It's long but this sorta music you have to be patient with. I also think it needs a few listens to really see "the water goblin" or the whole story. Damn... I totally spaced and this song is still playing? 17minutes and 50 seconds in. Okay... I'm deducting a point.

Hola Ghost - Chupacabra 5/10
I like the mythical beast mentioned. Points for that. The song was fun and easy going but nothing special.

Wishbone Ash - Peresphone 9/10
This is beautiful. I think this is like the third time I've heard this band here. I need to get more of them.

Bert Jansch - Reynardine 7/10
A little bit too mellow for me but there's something unique here.

The Deadfly Ensemble Polymedia and the Satyr - 8/10
I really liked this a lot.

Shubb-Niggurath - 4/10
I really don't know. I didn't pay much attention to this admittedly.

Amebix - Fear of God 6/10
This is sorta off-topic imo, points deducted but catchy song.

Pagan Altar - The Erl King 9/10
Man I love this song. Sorta not fair that this is here. I really really love Terry's voice though someone pointed out to me he sorta sounds like Kermit the Frog. I enjoyed it anyways.

Last edited:
Pokémon Theme Song - 6.5/10, Some epically 80's keytar and synth driven power pop, a little too vapid and saccharine in certain segments for my tastes though. Vocalist is reasonably skilled, guitar solo is alright. Thematic.

TV On The Radio, Wolf Like Me - 4/10, One of the better alt rock songs I've heard, still too indie sounding for me though. Thematic.

Roky Erickson, Night of The Vampire - 8/10, Utterly classic song, smooth, simple bass line, Roky slaughters on vocals, the guitar leads are blazing, and the organ is a superb atmospheric backdrop. Thematic.

Varulven, The Werewolf - 5/10, A Nordic ballad from the Dark Ages about a werewolf? Hell yes. Good use of traditional instruments, decent singing, slightly repetitive, generally an alright song. Thematic.

Antonín Dvorák/Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, The Water Goblin - 9.5/10, Conductor does an unbelievable job of directing an exceptional and virtuosic orchestra, ingeniously timed interludes, theme repetition, tempo switches, and mastery of the piano to fortissimo gradient. Discerning selection of modes and harmonics, in total an inconceivably well-melded together piece of music. And for all the knuckle-dragging mongoloids bemoaning the length, it's a classic symphonic poem by one of the greatest composers in music history, not a 3 minute pop single, hang yourselves. Thematic.

Hola Ghost, Chupacabra - 7/10, Smoking Latin rhythms and horns, all electrified and integrated into a powerful rock and roll sensibility. Gritty, enjoyably jaunty performance from the vocalist. Thematic.

Wishbone Ash, Persephone - 8/10, Piercing, serene guitar with crystal cut phrasing, hazy tenor-ish vocals, good undercurrent from the bass and drums. Not thematic, Persephone is mythical, but she's a Greek goddess, not a beast.

Bert Jansch, Reynardine - 7.5/10, Premier tier British folk music, colorful, melodic six-string fireworks, and Bert's soft folksy drawl crooning over it. Thematic (But honestly, how many freaking werewolf songs do there need to be on this list?).

The Deadfly Ensemble, Polymelia and The Satyr - 5/10, Vocals are a bit waifish, peculiar but musically enthralling arrangement, the bass has an especial charm to it. Thematic.

Shub-Niggurath, J'ai vu naguère peinture les Harpies ravissant le repas de Phynée - 7/10, Good horn playing and percussion, pseudo-operatic vocals are a cool touch. Musicians understand dissonances well, and make good use of them to create a quality avant-garde composition. Lovecraftian band name and verbose French song title interest me. Thematic.

Amebix, Fear of God - 3.5/10, Who gave Schwarzenegger and Kermit the Frog's bastard retard baby a lyric sheet and mic? Guitar work is meh, percussively good, interesting rhythms. Not thematic.

Pagan Altar, The Erl King - 8/10, Terry is a good singer, incontrovertibly so, but lord he has a nasally tone, sinus meds are in isle 3 of the pharmacy pal. Song feels quasi-symphonic in parts, pretty acoustic guitar, hell, even the electric guitar solo is pretty. Overall, a terribly beauteous, graceful, and almost haunting song, length doesn't change that one bit. Thematic.

Reactions: Phylactery
Antonín Dvorák/Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, The Water Goblin - 9.5/10, Conductor does an unbelievable job of directing an exceptional and virtuosic orchestra, ingeniously timed interludes, theme repetition, tempo switches, and mastery of the piano to fortissimo gradient. Discerning selection of modes and harmonics, in total an inconceivably well-melded together piece of music. And for all the knuckle-dragging mongoloids bemoaning the length, it's a classic symphonic poem by one of the greatest composers in music history, not a 3 minute pop single, hang yourselves. Thematic.

Harsh. If I submitted, for example, Incantation's "Unto Infinite Twilight/Majesty of Infernal Damnation", I'd expect to get downrated because it's 17 minutes long. Can't expect people being happy to sit through super long songs when they're in a 12-15 song playlist.