Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Does domestic abuse for the purpose of this mean only between partners (some seem to define it this way), or does it include children, grandparents, etc?

Great choice by BO.

I'll be seeing them in Belgrade in a couple of weeks!

I'm actually not the biggest Kraftwerk fan tbh though I've been gradually listening to and enjoying them more. I think my problem is that I spent too much time trying to enjoy Autobahn.

I've always found Autobahn rather boring. My favorite album is Trans Europe Express. I almost picked it instead of Tour de France, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make TB listen to samples of men breathing in rhythm.

Does domestic abuse for the purpose of this mean only between partners (some seem to define it this way), or does it include children, grandparents, etc?
The broader the better as always. Considering I have one tentative submission after 8 hours I'm wondering if I should change it completely.

Reactions: CiG
Kari Bremnes - Hurtigruta 9/10 this almost put me to sleep, and I mean that in a good way.
If it had actually put you to sleep, the following song, which is the total opposite music-wise (and which is also my overall favourite song by her) might have woken you up again:

You have perhaps heard it before, since I've already posted it in another topic some time ago.

Too Norwegian, fjords and all.
Do you have a general aversion against Norway?

Kari Bremnes - Hurtigruta 7/10
I couldn't tell by the Google Translate of the lyrics what this was specifically about (towards the end it refers to a captain so I assume boating)
I don't know if Google Translate also does dialects, because the lyrics are written in a Northern Norwegian dialect. I could have made it easier by simply submitting the English version titled "Coastal Ship", but I didn't, because IMO the English lyrics (while coming close to the original wording) spoil the authenticity of this song.

but anyway Norwegian Enya, cool (or is Enya the Irish Kari Bremnes?).
I'm not that familiar with Enya (I only remember "Orinoco Flow"), but what both have in common is that they released their solo debut album in 1987, after they previously had relased albums with some family members. However, I think that music-wise, Enya and Kari Bremnes don't have that much in common (judging by the genres mentioned in wikipedia's article about Enya, which are New Age, Celtic, pop, world), because in Kari's songs, you often also find some jazz influences and - though to a much lesser extent and only on some of her albums - some rock influences, whereas I don't hear any Celtic or world music. And as far as her calm songs are concerned, I wouldn't classify them as New Age, so the song I chose for this game might have been a bit misleading in that regard and the more upbeat "Togsang" (i.e. "Trainsong") by the same artist, which also had come to my mind for this theme, would have been a better choice. Some people might have found it at least less boring (or maybe not).

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
I'll be seeing them in Belgrade in a couple of weeks!

That's cool, I'd like to see them live one day. I saw Devo several years ago, probably the best concert I have ever attended, complete with huge robot props walking around. It was hilarious.

I'm not that familiar with Enya (I only remember "Orinoco Flow"), but what both have in common is that they released their solo debut album in 1987, after they previously had relased albums with some family members. However, I think that music-wise, Enya and Kari Bremnes don't have that much in common (judging by the genres mentioned in wikipedia's article about Enya, which are New Age, Celtic, pop, world), because in Kari's songs, you often also find some jazz influences and - though to a much lesser extent and only on some of her albums - some rock influences, whereas I don't hear any Celtic or world music. And as far as her calm songs are concerned, I wouldn't classify them as New Age, so the song I chose for this game might have been a bit misleading in that regard and the more upbeat "Togsang" (i.e. "Trainsong") by the same artist, which also had come to my mind for this theme, would have been a better choice. Some people might have found it at least less boring (or maybe not).

I more meant in the way they like to sing and their vocal rhythms.

I know songs for this theme, but I'm not super attached to it.
Ok bugger this, let’s go with

BETRAYAL

Apologies to the two that submitted but I really don’t want to kill the game. I actually didn’t think I was anywhere near winning with that Radio Birdman song so I hadn’t even begun to think of a theme.

2 submissions.

NervousHappygoluckyIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

I'm on the last leg of a ski trip, but I'll be back at my place on Sunday and will submit then.

Do you have a general aversion against Norway?

Nah, Norway and Norwegians are cool. I just didn't like the song, so I pulled something out of my ass. I will say though that you down voted my Kraftwerk choice in the most German way possible :p

I didn't get my award from TB about getting the lowest rated song before he had his account closed. I feel cheated.