Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Jeff Buckley - When I Am Laid in Earth (Dido's Lament)
Beautiful. His voice still gives me shivers. 10/10

Hunters & Collectors - Talking to a Stranger

Awesome early 80's post-punk. That bass line is godly. 10/10

The Alan Parsons Project - (The System Of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether

Super cool 8/10

Lynni Treekrem - Haugtussa

Dramatic. 7/10

Narsilion - Angmar

Could do without the Lord of the Rings tune 4/10

Killing Joke - Eighties

Great song 8/10

Huh, no Wuthering Heights.
Exactly my first thought when I saw the list.

Nice rendition of this beautiful song. (I prefer Qntal's version, though.) 7,5/10

I like the bass sound, but the song itself doesn't do much for me. Futhermore, I don't see that the reference of the lyrics of this song to the piece of literature in concern goes beyond quoting the line "Souvent, pour s'amuser, les hommes d'équipage". This line is just a random quote and has IMO absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the lyrics. Thus, unless someone can convince me of the contrary: 2/10

Once again, the song doesn't do much for me. 5/10

I like the mysterious and somewhat creepy mood conveyed by the music which fits perfectly with the story/main character of this piece of literature. And I especially like the cool percussion work on this song. 9,5/10

Narsilion - Angmar
Pleasant song. Parts of the music reminded me a bit of Dead Can Dance's "Within the...". While I tend to like clean female vocals, it seems to me that the vocals on this song are sometimes slightly out of key. (Can some of the musical experts here confirm this or prove me wrong?) 6,5/10

Killing Joke - Eighties
While I do like the main riff, the song is too repetitive for my taste. Had to do some research to get the literature reference, though after reading the plot summary about "The Coming Race" on wikipedia, I still don't see that the reference to the novel goes beyond citing its title in one of the lines. Therefore only: 5,5/10

9/10 - I still can't believe @Satanstoenail saw Buckley live.

10/10 - Give me some ecstasy and a smoke filled room with people awkwardly dancing in it right now.

9/10 - Good jams here, nothing to complain about.

4/10 - Not bad but rather whatever.

Narsilion - Angmar

3/10 - The beginning following the previous song didn't help, and then the rest didn't help itself.

Killing Joke - Eighties
9/10 - Good finish.

Now vote you mothercuntfuckers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satanstoenail
You forgot to rate the last song mang

I still can't believe @Satanstoenail saw Buckley live
I count myself very lucky there. One of the best shows I’ve seen. He was absolutely incredible on stage.

I don't see that the reference of the lyrics of this song to the piece of literature in concern goes beyond quoting the line "Souvent, pour s'amuser, les hommes d'équipage". This line is just a random quote and has IMO absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the lyrics. Thus, unless someone can convince me of the contrary: 2/10
From the mouth of the man that wrote it:
3D9F0E65-6296-4CA3-90F8-59C14BE975E7.jpeg

giphy.gif

HURRY UP AND RATE YOU BASTARDS

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
8/10
You can't really go wrong with this aria, but his voice just reminds me of that time on The Simpsons when Bart thought he was hearing the angelic singing voice of Reverend Lovejoy's daughter while coming in to church, but then he was very disturbed to find out that it was actually coming from Ned Flanders.

6.5/10

7.5/10

8/10

Narsilion - Angmar
8.5/10
Takes a bit to get going, but it's a magical journey.

Killing Joke - Eighties
9/10
This is one of the go-to jams they play at goth night.

Jeff Buckley - When I Am Laid in Earth (Dido's Lament) 6.5/10 one of those kind of songs I don't really like or dislike. Not something I would listen to outside of this game. Good for playing in the background

Hunters & Collectors - Talking to a Stranger 9/10 80's tune with a really weird video.

The Alan Parsons Project - (The System Of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether 9/10 I remember the song Eye in the Sky used to get played a lot on the radio when I was growing up. But yeah this is good stuff.

Lynni Treekrem - Haugtussa 7/10 this was alright.

Narsilion - Angmar 7/10 feels very middle earth

Killing Joke - Eighties 6/10 another one thats alright, but wouldn't pay much attention outside of this game.