Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

^I'm glad you didn't. 18 minutes of word salad lyrics that barely if at all relate to the ocean, the ratings would've been rightfully savage.

OCEAN

Elend - Melpomene
The Sisters of Mercy - Marian
Led Zeppelin - The Ocean
Clutch - Sea of Destruction
Chelsea Wolfe - Mer
Bedrich Smetana - Die Moldau
Pallas - Atlantis
Split Enz - Shark Attack
Nest - Across the Waters
Townes van Zandt - Silver Ships of Andilar
Paul Robeson - Sea Fever

Gotta say, I liked this playlist a lot. I hope you all will too.

EDIT: Google Drive link for Pallas - Atlantis if the youtube is unavailable for you.

Last edited:
Elend - Melpomene - 0/10

The Sisters of Mercy - Marian - 5/10

An 80's new wave Pete Steele?

Led Zeppelin - The Ocean - 8/10

Clutch - Sea of Destruction - 6/10

If you've heard one Clutch song, that's all you need to hear. He needs to stop trying to sound like Zakk Wylde.

Chelsea Wolfe - Mer - 0/10

Nope

Bedrich Smetana - Die Moldau - 5/10

I really have to be in the mood to listen to classical.

Pallas - Atlantis - 2/10

It was good until the vocals

Split Enz - Shark Attack - 1/10

Stop with the fucking new wave shit or whatever the fuck this is

Nest - Across the Waters - 3/10

This would be good for meditating or getting high

Townes van Zandt - Silver Ships of Andilar - 2/10

BLAHHHHH but 2 pts for a pirate theme

Paul Robeson - Sea Fever - 2/10

This round officially ruined by The Ozzman and paid for by readers like you

Last edited:
Hey @Phylactery you should rate this mixtape. I know you didn't participate (if you were going to and I closed submissions too soon, I apologize, but the playlist was getting really long) but it's pretty heavy for a non-metal mixtape, I think you'll like.

@Baroque and @The Ozzman - does this version of Pallas - Atlantis work? It's the full album with the correct song timestamped; the song itself is 8 minutes long.

Hey @Phylactery you should rate this mixtape. I know you didn't participate (if you were going to and I closed submissions too soon, I apologize, but the playlist was getting really long) but it's pretty heavy for a non-metal mixtape, I think you'll like.

@Baroque and @The Ozzman - does this version of Pallas - Atlantis work? It's the full album with the correct song timestamped; the song itself is 8 minutes long.

Still blocked

I was trying to find a song for this but you closed it before I had chance to find anything, but it's fine. I really like Elend, Nest and Zandt so maybe I will rate this to offset Ozzman's savage ratings for those.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey