Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

BDSM

$_1.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCZgoc5nuQfh9DUqiMnuPACgKoagB9_Fj

Tom Lehrer - The Masochism Tango
Sopor Aeternus - Powder
Leonard Cohen - Master Song
The Crystals - He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss)
Frenic - Punish Me
Ghostlight Orchestra - Just
Dokuro-chan Opening
Die Form - The Hidden Cage
The Devil's Blood - I'll Be Your Ghost
Wishbone Ash - Queen of Torture

I'm a bit surprised that nobody had "Venus in Furs" or "I Wanna Be Your Dog" as their first picks. Both those songs were submitted as backups, however.

Last edited:

I thought the 50s were supposed to be pure and free of degeneracy. This was alright, kinda funny. 5/10.

Sopor Aeternus – Powder

This is that piss-fetish guy a few playlists back right? This was better but still fairly abhorrent. 2/10.

Eh. 4/10.

This was great. 8/10.

Frenic - Punish Me

Liked this a lot too. 7/10.

Ghostlight Orchestra – Just

This was alright, kinda over-produced/dramatic though. 5/10.

Dokuro-chan Opening

Heart-warming, clubbing your partner to death should always be adorable. 7/10.

Ehhhhhhh not my thing at all but I could enjoy it a little once I stopped paying attention to it. 5/10.

Solid. 6/10.

I don’t remember liking their first album that much, but this song sounds pretty damn good. Nice and heavy. 7/10.

This comedy/vaudeville/whateveritis is kinda annoying 4/10

Sopor Aeternus - Powder

I don't understand how anyone could actually like this. 1/10

I'm not a fan of Leonard at all but this wasn't too bad. 5.5/1010

A Phil Spector production of course. Equal parts disturbing and awesome. 8.5/10

Frenic - Punish Me

Kinda 90's big beat-esque but I didn't mind it. 6/10

Ghostlight Orchestra - Just

Nice enough but a bit sterile. 5.5/10

Dokuro-chan Opening

Fucking great 8/10

Horrible goth-techno rubbish 2/10

Interesting, I quite liked this, will check out more of this nice Satanic rock & roll 7/10

Fuck this is cool 8/10

yeah it's weird that the stooges and velvets aren't there (both were backups of mine). i would've thought some people around here would like the former at least. lmfao at the crystals getting in there

Tom Lehrer - l laughed, my girlfriend squirmed in all the right places. Tame but humorous 6/10

Sopor Aeternus - l quite like the xylophone but it really reminds me of something. this is ok, not a fan of the vocal but the music is intricate and well thought out with a variety of instruments/keyboard sounds. if utterly repetitive. 5/10

Leonard Cohen - This is a tune.See where N Cave came from? Great pick. "It's about the Trinity. Let's leave that to the scholars... it's about three people." - LC 8/10

The Crystals - '62 fantastic Spector production as expected. Time and again described as a brutal production but l don't see that it's just music to Spector l reckon. Another song move on. Wish it had have continued for another couple of verses bridge solo etc 7/10

Frenic - This does nothing and goes nowhere, ah a brief 4-second quarter bridge(2:42) then straight back to dull..change in bass(3:30)..ah back to ennui. 2/10 l feel like l should always listen to the entire song when l play these games but, after that (and i've rated lower) lm starting to change my mind

Ghostlight Orchestra - Again, this does nothing for me. too insipid too dull. His voice also l do not like. l can see this band has potential and they possibly write some very inspiring music but this is wet. 4/10

Dokuro - On theme? l guess so. Shite and utter shite? You betcha 2/10 l used to like Astroboy

Die Form - Dug this for about a minute but l guess l just don't have the patience/mentality to see past an expectancy of...of..more. l want it to surprise me somehow, change keys in a more sinister manner... dunno..it's ok but it isn't 4/10

The Devil's Blood - Upbeat formulaic rock. Love the vocals tho. Very cool. l honestly though it was doubled with a female until my Gf said l was retarded. 6/10

Wishbone Ash - l have no Wishbone Ash on vinyl for which l am deeply ashamed. The geetar work is worth the price of admission alone on this tune. Set the scene for Thin Lizzy et al. 8/10

Despite my miserly ratings for some of these, that was a cool waste of time folks, cheers!

Reactions: Satanstoenail