Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

Bauhaus - Nerves
9/10
The anxiety is quite palpable here.

Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You
8.5/10
I guess that's a type of rooster that gives you an atomic wedgie.

Paramore - Emergency
4/10
How about Paraless...

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
5/10
Since she came of age in the 70's, I imagine her surname is rather apt. At least she's a redhead...

65DaysOfStatic - Welcome to the Times
7/10

Joe Pass and NHOP - Donna Lee
6.5/10

The Jesus Lizard - Boiler Maker
7/10

Nomeansno - Oh No! Bruno!
7.5/10
"Ya see, Theo, no means no! But if they're asleep...zippity zoobity zam!"

King Crimson - Thela Hun Ginjeet
7/10
I can't tell if this is thematic as I don't speak Hindi.

Bauhaus - l have the Bela Lugosi's dead poster from way back still up in my shed next to a Bolt Thrower poster. This is still cool too. l enjoy intense minimalist, dramatic, clean yarn, next to a basic piano driven dirge as much as anyone 7/10

Atomic Rooster - The panic theme should include all kinds of offerings and while this ain't no white knuckle ride l can see the submitters reasoning with this tune in a subtle way, especially or mostly in the lyric 6/10 killer track tho

Paramore - uh this is not just metal?. ask anyone. emo metal? what else would you call it? can't say l know whatever the other version everyone's mentioning but yeah this shouldn't have been accepted and it sucks 2/10

Kate Bush - Ahh a favourite and a very clever classy song. i'm kinda surprised more people aren't familiar with this. Kate Bush has that touch of gold rarely seen over such a long career. Admittedly its not one of the strong songs on the album but...7/10

65DaysofStatic - Reminds me of Gordian Knot's Emergent album in places. This is ok. Don't think id go out of my way to explore too much but it has its place 5/10

Joe Pass & NHOP - lm not convinced Joe's conveying an experience of panic here, or simply a fancy flight, but he was a monster geetarist and he as well as his bassist deserve loads of blow jobs after that performance. and he just looks like he's not a care in the world during the whole thing 9/10

The Jesus Lizard - Always a band that l never got around to listening to. snippets and snippets. it's ok. l wont wet my pants over them tho 6/10

Nomeansno - Too much hyper shitty try again punk for me 4/10

King Crimson - The perfect antidote to a load of dross.
While the track was being recorded for the Discipline album, Adrian Belew, walking around Notting Hill Gate in London with a tape recorder looking for inspiration, was harassed first by a gang and then by the police. On returning to the studio, he gave a distraught account to his bandmates of what had just happened to him. This account was recorded by Fripp without Belew's knowledge as well, and is featured on the Discipline version of the track (as well as almost all live versions), in place of those earlier lyrics that were based on Fripp's New York recording.
haha. now thats panic! perfect! 10/10

Bauhaus - l have the Bela Lugosi's dead poster from way back still up in my shed next to a Bolt Thrower poster. This is still cool too. l enjoy intense minimalist, dramatic, clean yarn, next to a basic piano driven dirge as much as anyone 7/10

Atomic Rooster - The panic theme should include all kinds of offerings and while this ain't no white knuckle ride l can see the submitters reasoning with this tune in a subtle way, especially or mostly in the lyric 6/10 killer track tho

Paramore - uh this is not just metal?. ask anyone. emo metal? what else would you call it? can't say l know whatever the other version everyone's mentioning but yeah this shouldn't have been accepted and it sucks 2/10

Kate Bush - Ahh a favourite and a very clever classy song. i'm kinda surprised more people aren't familiar with this. Kate Bush has that touch of gold rarely seen over such a long career. Admittedly its not one of the strong songs on the album but...7/10

65DaysofStatic - Reminds me of Gordian Knot's Emergent album in places. This is ok. Don't think id go out of my way to explore too much but it has its place 5/10

Joe Pass & NHOP - lm not convinced Joe's conveying an experience of panic here, or simply a fancy flight, but he was a monster geetarist and he as well as his bassist deserve loads of blow jobs after that performance. and he just looks like he's not a care in the world during the whole thing 9/10

The Jesus Lizard - Always a band that l never got around to listening to. snippets and snippets. it's ok. l wont wet my pants over them tho 6/10

Nomeansno - Too much hyper shitty try again punk for me 4/10

King Crimson - The perfect antidote to a load of dross.
While the track was being recorded for the Discipline album, Adrian Belew, walking around Notting Hill Gate in London with a tape recorder looking for inspiration, was harassed first by a gang and then by the police. On returning to the studio, he gave a distraught account to his bandmates of what had just happened to him. This account was recorded by Fripp without Belew's knowledge as well, and is featured on the Discipline version of the track (as well as almost all live versions), in place of those earlier lyrics that were based on Fripp's New York recording.
haha. now thats panic! perfect! 10/10

Indeed I don't believe the song was about panic either. This was another creative interpretation on my part, that any lesser musician who tried to play this song would feel panic. Plus people needed to hear this.

Bauhaus - Nerves
Anxious as fuck. Love it.
9/10

Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You

Pretty short on ideas for a 7-minute song. The tacky blues-rock sound doesn't really do justice to the theme either. No idea why this has classic status.
5/10

Paramore - Emergency

I don't really find this objectionable or anything but whatever.
5/10

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

Not a huge fan, but it's an interesting take on the theme.
6/10

65daysofstatic - Welcome to the Times

The instant I saw this theme I knew I had to go with a 65dos song. I was considering like 5 different ones but went with this one because I felt it most strongly conveyed a sense of panic. But I guess I'm the only one who feels it. Oh well.
9/10

Joe Pass & NHOP - Donna Lee

Idk, this wankery isn't really translating into panic for me.
2/10

The Jesus Lizard - Boilermaker

Sure woke me up from the coma the last song put me in.
9/10

Nomeansno - Oh No! Bruno

This playlist is all amazing picks and bad picks with very little in between.
9/10

King Crimson - Thela Hun Ginjeet

Well this just goes on and on.
4/10

Bauhaus - Nerves - 3
takes a long time to get going, there are some cool parts but most of the song is pretentious artsy shit

Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You - 4
lol same assessment as the previous song only slightly better

Paramore - Emergency - 10
rockin guitars, pretty but punchy melody, cute af singer, what's not to like? most of your reviews are further examples of anti-genre bias instead of listening to the song

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love - 8
lovely, i like her weird, unconventional at the time, yet still aurally pleasing singing style

65DaysOfStatic - Welcome to the Times - 3
very nice instrumental but no panic

Joe Pass and NHOP - Donna Lee - 4
they are quite skillful... i guess the "panic" comes from being fast? ok but not that interesting

The Jesus Lizard - Boiler Maker - 3
noisy obnoxious shit

Nomeansno - Oh No! Bruno! - 3
see above. songs like this makes me think of a retarded albino with a bad haircut, shorts and no shirt jumping up and down in front of me shouting stupid shit into a microphone

King Crimson - Thela Hun Ginjeet - 5
not terrible

Last edited:
K_eRjA.jpg

@H.P. Lovecraft